Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Purpose of Taxation is not Redistribution of Wealth

Pride is the recognition of the fact that you are your own highest value and, like all of man’s values, it has to be earned.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
He was guilty of nothing, except that he earned his own fortune and never forgot that it was his.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Have we lost, in America, our sense of pride and dignity? When I watch Congress and their petty fights among themselves; when I listen to the meaningless rhetoric of our supposed leaders, I am saddened. They are simply trying to maintain the status quo.
Think about this. President Clinton hasn’t held a private sector job in 30 years, and yet he is a millionaire many times over. Look at the wealth of our Congress, are they truly representative of their constituents?
Senator Obama is right when he says there needs to be change. I don’t believe taxation for the purpose of redistribution is the correct way to make that change. What incentive is there for someone who is going through hard times, to pull himself up by the bootstraps?
By delineating the difference between economic circumstance of the American People, Senator Obama is setting America up for civil unrest through class division.
A man, who was once told he shouldn’t charge fees, by a person on public assistance, because he was a doctor and rich, gave this definition of what it means to be wealthy.
“The day I stop working, and can maintain my current lifestyle is when I consider myself a wealthy man,” the doctor said. “You my friend are richer than me, because you do not work and your lifestyle continues to grow.”

Taxation should not be for the purpose of redistribution of earnings.

Senator Obama has made it clear that he does not want to represent all of America; but only those who are working people, to whom he wants to redistribute the wealth of those people who have earned their way.

No comments: